Terms and Conditions
T&C mentioned here consists of General Terms & conditions (“GTC”) & Product Terms and Conditions (“PTC”) along with “Acceptable Use Policy”. The signing of Subscriber Registration Form (SRF) shall make the T&C mentioned herein binding on the subscriber. In case of any inconsistencies in the constituent parts of the Agreement or disputes arising with regard to the interpretation of the terms and conditions contained in the said Agreement, the following order of precedence shall apply: (i) the SRF and the PTC (ii) the SLA, if applicable and (iii) the GTC General Terms and Conditions (“GTC”)
Terms and Conditions
Broadband Internet access and other related services provided by Velocity Digital Cable Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Velocity”.
- Velocity, a company registered under the Companies Act,1956 and having its Administrative office at Gossani Road, Dinhata, Koch Bihar, West Bengal – 736135, India, is engaged in the provision of Broadband internet access and other related services (hereafter referred to as “services”).
- “Services” means the services provided by Velocity whereby subscriber can gain access to the Internet through provisioned bandwidth and any value-added services offered along with the Internet plan.
- “Bandwidth” means the amount of information that can be carried in a given period.
- “Subscriber” means any person as defined under General Clauses Act 1899 who is availing the “services” from Velocity and acting for /and on behalf of the Subscriber.
- “Internet” means the global data network comprising interconnected networks using TCP/IP (“Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol”).
- “Information” means the visual, textual or other information published or other wise made available to the Subscribers (directly or indirectly) on the Internet using the services provided by Velocity.
- “Third Party Content” means any and all information, software and other content provided by any independent third party that can be accessed through or by virtue of the services.
Velocity reserves the right to verify the information, provided by the Subscriber in the application form, to use the same at its discretion and shall have the right to grant or refuse the Services to the Subscriber.
Promotional Offers: When you are registering on our Services directly or through any of our franchisees for Velocity’s Services, you are authorizing Velocity or our partners to send you special offers, retention offers, or any kind of promotional SMS. If you don’t want to receive offer SMS, write to email@example.com or call us on +91 9002807575.
The services being offered under this Contract are being provided as per the License Agreement between Department of Telecommunications and Ministry of Communication. The Subscriber acknowledges and understand that Velocity for the operation of it services including Internet Telephony services is subject to the subject to other terms and conditions the Agreement between Department of Telecommunications and Ministry of Communication and extant laws and regulations as may be intimated by the DOT to Velocity from time to time. The Subscriber clearly understand that the services may be terminated and / or suspended under directions from the Government of India and the competent authority under no liability of any nature whatsoever against Velocity.
Velocity agrees to provide Subscriber with the Services on the terms and conditions of this Contract,
The Services are provided on an “AS IS and AVAILABLE” basis for decent and lawful purposes without any warranties of any kind.
Velocity does not guarantee error free services or that any information, software or any material accessible through services is free of viruses, worms, Trojans, horses or other harmful components and that the Subscriber shall not hold Velocity responsible nor liable in any nature whatsoever for any loss of business or any other expense/s incurred due to occurrence of any such event.
The Bandwidth provisioned by Velocity is a non-dedicated & shared bandwidth and may vary depending on upstream feed from Gateway Provider. Local Loop Provider and user load on the network/server/systems in accordance with TRAI guidelines on broadband speeds for home and small office subscribers.
The Services provided, shall remain Velocity exclusive property and on expiry / early termination of the contract, the Subscriber’s right to use the Services being provided shall cease.
The Subscriber is responsible for and shall at all times provide all access to the Equipment, necessary to access the Services, provided by Velocity. Velocity reserves its right to disconnect or deactivate Subscriber’s access to Services without prior notice including situations where Subscriber’s Equipment or software is interfering with Velocity other services.
Subscriber should use Cable Modem/Router/ATA Box or any other equipment approved/supplied by Velocity or by any of its associate/ subsidiary / group companies. The ownership of the equipment supplied by Velocity / associate companies will remain with Velocity / associate / subsidiary / group companies. In the event of termination of services, the equipment must be returned within 7 days to Velocity in working / non damaged condition. For any damage to equipment provided by Velocity, repair/service/replacement charges will be assessed by Velocity and recovered from subscriber along with applicable taxes, as additional cost of provision to Velocity. Velocity shall raise an invoice on the subscriber for such repairs and the same shall be paid without demur by the Subscriber within __ days of receipt of the invoice